"If anyone really wanted to change the world, they'd bring in the fashion bitches." - Kelly Cutrone

16.11.10

Okay Westport, you're pretty cool

Twas Thanksgiving weekend (Canadian) and my family drove down to CT to visit my brother. We rented a house that was decorated very cottagey, sort of boho chic with Buddahs, healing crystals and a gorgeous vintage sofette. My description doesn't do it justice, but then again I'm not an interior decorator. I'm digressing.

My mother, who had planned the entire trip, was raving about the shopping. To be honest, I didn't believe her at first seeing as our cute little home-away-from home was in the middle of a ravine. None the less we hopped in the car and low and behold there was a mini boutique village. There was Tiffany & Co. etc, but the stores that I loved were new to me. The first store was Lucy's Answers and it had an amazing nordic print sweater poncho and a huge collection of DVF pieces including a pair of 5" black suede Zia heels that I fell in love with. Because it was my first shop I said I'd come back, but of course spent the next four hours in another new fav store LF until all the shops were closed. I'll have to post some pictures or something but I came home with some awesome vintage renewal items by One of a Kind including a knit skirt and zippered sleeveless hoodie. I also picked up some shirts, pair of boots, a gorgeous leather fringe necklace and silver dagger earrings.
Anyways, I was thinking about the poncho and shoes tonight and thought I'd share. If you're ever in Westport, Connecticut be sure to head into town. They have a great Frozen Yoghurt shop too.

LF has several locations including Soho, the store is wicked; it reminds me of Lavish and Squalor (Toronto) but only for girls and more clothes. I'd say it is currently my favourite store.

Diane Von Furstenberg's Zia heels in black suede:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Who's behind MFE?